Sunday 28 April 2013

She's A Peach


She's A Peach_ An outstandingly beautiful girl, stunningly attractive.



To kick off my peach research i have found a sculpture literally illustrating this idiom produced by Ella Bache an Australian company. http://www.edibleblog.com/peach-art-a-pretty-sculpture/

I am not planning on producing a giant sculpture, but drawing an object made from peaches perhaps...





Moving on to fine art and still life with a Jar of Peaches by Claude Monet. http://hoocher.com/ClaudeMonet/Claude_Monet.htm

A simple, yet superb example of peaches, captured in time. I would like my work to resemble this in the way Monet captures the shape and shadow of the fruit.





A simple way to capture this idiom is to do exactly what it is saying, and although i find this awfully cliche, it does work well here for 'longjess3' in the very surreal style she is working in.

I like the childishness of it because the simplicity tells the idiom of how it is. Although i doubt my work would feature much of this style, both in artistic value and literally, it is interesting to see other people's takes of the idiom.






Now, although this is a clip art style piece of work, it does bare some kind of resemblance to how i think i would like my work to look, but not feel (if that makes sense).

This drawing is very rough and cold, and yet captures the side of the peach that i would like too because it is unusual, and without colour, the easiest way to do so.






Again, this is another clip art inspired site, but such a beautiful and in-depth way of capturing the peach.

Depending on where my drawing leads me, i think i will have to capture the peach cut in half exposing the stone and therefore it's identity in black and white.



Below are my final outcomes (please see sketchbooks for development). I feel that these best represent the theme and style i am looking for. Unfortunately the photos from the peach i observationally drew reference form were unusable.





One of these will be used in my final outcome, most likely the very last example...





Having collected and finalised my imagery here is the card below in the template i hope to continue with. I have chosen to do this because of the success the last range had with peers and tutors, thus not wanting to deviate too far. Note that the text is in the same fashion as the previous card range, adding continuity:




Here is the front and inside of the envelope developed and adapted from the previous card range project. I have changed the imagery to suit and complement this particular card. I am sticking with this design because it works most effectively and was a success previously.





No comments:

Post a Comment