Sunday 28 April 2013

Roger Dean



  • Artist: Roger Dean

  • Project: 1970 Virgin Record Label

  • Client Virgin Records/Sir Richard Branson

  • Genre: Record Artwork


Roger Dean is a new artist to me, and an inspirational one at that. His detail and concept of made up landscapes and mythical creatures helps broaden my rigid mind and allows me to explore my thoughts deeper awakening uncreated life from me. For that statement alone, Roger’s work is special to me and how I perceive it.
Known worldwide for his work on album covers, Dean is inspirational and has, like Jim Fitzpatrick, created for himself the ability to achieve what others can only dream of nowadays.
His work however, isn’t far out of my comfort zone enough for me to just marvel at it, I do think I can create similar work, something tat I would live to do, whether it be for the  music industry or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment